Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The last two weeks!

I have had quite a memorable last few weeks!  I went on vacation to Connecticut, yep, got out in the knick of time just before Sandy hit (by five days)!

IMG_4382

I plan to bore you with a lot of pics in another post about my vacation, but for now, just wanted to let you know that I am still here, even though I have not posted for a few weeks!  I have several projects that I have been working on so please stay tuned!

IMG_4560

I came home Thursday to a hideously trashed house thanks to my son, so I dealt with that with a lot of gnashing of teeth (mine mostly).  Sure was a rude homecoming!

IMG_4558

I had a dentist appointment the day after I got back and have three cavities (WHAT??) and I also went to a retirement party for a dear friend/coworker. 

IMG_4571

And the next day which was Saturday I had a new roof put on my house (we had a bad hail storm with baseball sized hail a month or so ago) which ended up being a disaster.  The shingles were not the right color (and actually one section on the front of the roof were not even the same color as the rest of the roof—why was I the first one to notice that??) which I can live with but the edges of the roof were very uneven and had the flashing showing so that it was pretty much a guarantee that the roof would leak the first time it rained.

IMG_3961

A satellite dish was broken, tons of nails left laying in the yard and on the deck.  There have been many heated conversations about this roof with the job supervisor and the partner in the company and unfortunately it is still not resolved. 

IMG_4200

Sunday brought a break up with a guy I have been seeing this summer (I’ll just say we were traveling to two different destinations to keep this in line with the vacation theme of this post!) (I will sure miss the Harley rides) and well, then it’s time to go back to work on Monday. While I was gone on vacation, our offices moved to a new building so yesterday there was unpacking to do and organizing and decorating a bit, all the while answering phone calls and handling every day things.

IMG_4196

So anyway, I am exhausted, but truly had the best vacation ever!! It was an honor to spend so much time with my mom!  I don’t think I will take another one any time soon though!  This next week I plan to lay low and get some crafting for Christmas started and just be sorta boring!

Signature

1 comment:

Sam I Am...... said...

Dear Ellen, so glad you're back....glad you had a great vacation and got home before "Sandy"!
I'm sorry about your break up but REALLY glad to meet another gal that's on her own! Everyone around here is married, not that there's anything wrong with that but it's also a little bit like the Stepford Wives which is really creepy! LOL!
Remember..."rejection is protection" no matter what, no matter who!
That was awful what your son left you with....but don't feel bad....I sometimes think mine were raised by wolves! It's not us....we did our best...it's aliens! LOL!
Happy Halloween!