Saturday, November 27, 2010

Making a list and checking it twice...

I have been having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit...I think I was too hung up on Thanksgiving this year.  I hadn't started my list or really planned gifts to make or really even started thinking about those kinds of things.
This was the Christmas of the llama...my son was the president of his self-created llama club at school. 
We had a beautiful tree, this was 2004.  My son was 10, and he was so excited to follow our usual traditions.  He wrote a letter to Santa, he threw out the magic reindeer food (you can't really ignore the reindeer!) and of course he left food for Santa.
So today I did some light Christmas shopping and now I am sitting down to actually make a list of who gets what...and a list of what I will make in the next four weeks, yup, that is right, four weeks from today!
Wow, I better get busy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't is lovely to look back and remember past Christmases? Rather bitter sweet sometimes. I have no doubt that you will be in the Christmas Spirit very soon. It does always help to write the list.