Monday, July 12, 2010

Vintage Napkin Kitchen Chair Cushions

I found this tablecloth/napkin set for $2 last summer.  I didn't really have anything in mind for it, but bought it just because I love the color!

Four napkins, all in great shape.  I decided to make cushions for my kitchen chairs. 
I love the way they turned out...Hobby Lobby has the Smart Foam Chair Pads 30% off this week so I used them.  They are not foam but a compressed sort of batting that is supposed be better than plain foam pads.  I got the 15 x 17" pads and they fit perfectly into the napkin cushion cover.
I sewed the napkins together inside out on three sides.  I sewed the two inside corners to make square corners for the front of the cushion.
The back I turned under about 1.5 inches and sewed the edges together after putting the pad inside the cover.
I made placed a ribbon on each side inside the seam to attach to the back of the chair. 
They look great in the kitchen and I have a coordinating tablecloth!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to use napkins! The look very nice as chair covers! Thanks for visiting us at our Anything Related party!
{Rebekah}

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

The way you did the corners looks so finished and pretty. I love the blue and white!

Well done!

Amy said...

I love the new cushions. I can't believe you used napkins...I love to see how other people come up with creative uses for things. Thanks for sharing!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Great idea using napkins! I love the color, too!

Connie said...

Oh so pretty!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great idea! So creative!!

Thanks for linking up!!

Cecily said...

Really nice... love the way they turned out and the fabric is really pretty.

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

I love the blue! They turned out great!

www.mandipandidesigns.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love that design - very pretty! How clever to make them into cushions - very creative! You did a fantastic job! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly apprecite it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Healing Made Simple said...

Beautiful! Be the LIGHT!

J Rodney said...

Wow, that's so cool. What a transformation!

I am stopping by from Admirer Monday. I’m your newest follower. I would love it, if you would come join me at Follow Us Monday Morning too.

Danielle said...

I'm a new follower from Admirer Monday, love the new seat cushions! What a great idea and they turned out wonderful :)

http://www.zanddart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

new follower from admirer monday.
love your blog and hope you can stop by sometime and say hey
http://sewcraftable.blogspot.com
♥Jess

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

These look great! Using the napkins was a great idea. They always seem to be on clearance!

Jeralee said...

I love how these napkins were repurposed. Beautiful print and it looks great on the chair.

LisaD said...

Found the chair! I love them. Would've never thought about using them for kitchen chairs. I had posted on your mission chair that I wanted to find a pic of the kitchen chairs that you mentioned. Love the cushion you made as well.